Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the IMA which were formulated in 1980 are listed below:
- To promote a better understanding and appreciation of Islam and of Medicine within the framework of Islam.
- To constantly remind and educate the Muslim health care professionals of the Islamic value, morality, etiquette and ethics and to apply these in the health care sector.
- To promote professional and non-professional contact among Muslim health care professionals at all levels through activities such as meetings, dinners, seminars, guest speakers and conventions.
- To seek affiliation to medical institutions through professional co-operation.
- To co-operate with other organizations on matters of mutual interest.
- To orientate health education with Islamic values and outlook in the application of patient care.
- To promote research and publications in the field of Islamic medical history, prophetic medicine, Islamic medical ethics and Medicine in general from the Islamic viewpoint.
- To be a mercy unto mankind in the Prophetic tradition by providing necessary assistance within our scope and capability and whatever needed in the form of clinics, relief work and rehabilitation.
- To co-ordinate the relevant group and individual activities of Muslim health care professionals.
- To have a central information bureau as a service to the members regarding employment opportunities, exchange programmes, scholarship and graduate and under-graduate training opportunities.
- To establish libraries for the use of the members and others who may wish to use them.
| | Others